I will show you how to crochet around a wooden ring. It is a very easy technique that will enable to you create beautiful items. Items like teething rings, towel rings, plant hangers and whatever else your mind can imagine.
Use A 3″ or 2″ wooden ring as a base for your project.
It was a pleasant surprise to find that a kitchen towel will fit through the 2″ ring. There was worry that they wouldn’t fit, but they fit just fine.
Follow the steps below to crochet around a wooden ring.
1. Place a slip knot on your hook. Pick up the wooden ring in the hand that you hold the yarn. Put the ring in front of the hook, with the yarn over top of the ring.
2. Put the hook through the middle of the ring, just under the edge of the ring.
3. Wrap the yarn over the crochet hook.
4. Grab the yarn with the hook and pull up a loop to the top of the ring.
5. Two loops are on the hook. Push the loops close together.
6. While keeping the loops that are on the hook LOOSE, yarn over.
7. Begin to pull through both loops on the hook.
8. When you are finished pulling through both loops, a Single Crochet Stitch is made. Make sure that this stitch is moderately loose and not tight.
9. You are now ready to repeat steps 1-8 to make more single crochet stitches. Make as many sc stitches that the pattern calls for.
You can use this technique to crochet around a rod of a stick.
A crooked stick that has been cleaned, sanded and varnished would create a beautiful base for a wall hanging. Let the yarn paint a personal picture.
Below is the video tutorial on how to crochet around a wooden ring.
The simple towel ring crochet pattern is free HERE ON MY BLOG.
You can always purchase the ad free pdf of the Simple Towel Topper on ETSY or RAVELRY.
I plan on designing a hanging planter using a wooden ring as a base. I am not sure if I want to use a 2″ or 3″ wooden ring. I may try to find a larger wooden rings. Wooden rings are found in the macrame section at most craft stores.
It was such a joy teaching you this tutorial. I hope it becomes your most useful tutorial of the year.
Make sure to visit these links if you are looking for beautiful crochet patterns that will inspire you to make your world a lovely place. If you would like to see more crochet baskets or garments click the links below.
PINTEREST is a fun place and I would love it if you would follow me there.
This pattern is protected by copyright© Krissys Over The Mountain Crochet 2024. Do not sell, alter or redistribute this pattern in any way or form. You have my permission to sell your finished product, but you are responsible for the finished product. No Mass Production.