The half gallon, mason jar pumpkin cover is the centerpiece to my “Mason Jar Pumpkin Cover” crochet patterns. The pint mason jar pumpkin cover and little round jelly mason jar pumpkin cover are so cute and a blast to make. They are so much fun to use for decorating around your home.
Decorative Half Gallon Mason Jar
When I saw this decorative half gallon size Mason (Ball) Jar in the store, I became excited thinking about the possibilities. It had a perfect pumpkin shape and was big enough to put candy or cookies in and had an adorable tin lid that said Ball on the top. It is 6″ tall and 19″ around.
Pumpkin Mason Jar Cover – Ad Free Crochet Pattern Available
Yarn And Supplies – Half Gallon Pumpkin Mason Jar Cover
4 weight yarn. I used Peaches and Cream in various colors and other scrap yarns.
Gauge: 4”x 4” 14 HDC x 12 Rounds or Rows
1: Beginning CH 1 or Beginning CH 2 of each round, does not count as a stitch unless otherwise stated
Special Crochet Stitches
Cross Stitch: Skip 1 chain, DC directly into the next chain, Cross back and DC directly into the chain skipped.
Ripple Stitch: *CH 1, SLP ST in nxt st*
SLP ST = Slip Stitch
CH = Chain
HDC = Half Double Crochet
HBP HDC = High Back Post Half Double Crochet (Photo Tutorial on page 3)
FPDC = Front Post Double Crochet
nxt = Next
skp = Skip
join w/ = join with
st = stitch
* * = Repeat between the stars the number of times stated.
x = Times; example Repeat 2 x or 2 times; 3 x or 3 times and so on.
in = example “in nxt st” means you will be inserting the hook under the top two loops of the next stitch to complete stitch or sequence of stitches stated.
beg. = beginning
- CH 3 join in ring
- Round 1: CH 1; 10 HDC in ring; join w/SLP ST in 1st HDC (10 HDC)
- Round 2: CH 1; 2 HDC in joining ST and in each ST around; join w/SLP ST in 1st HDC (20 HDC)
- Round 3: CH 1; HDC in joining ST; 2 HDC in nxt ST; *HDC in nxt ST, 2 HDC in nxt ST;* 9 x more; join w/SLP ST in 1st SC (30 HDC)
- Round 4: CH 1; HDC in joining st, HDC in nxt st; 2 HDC in nxt ST; *HDC in nxt 2 st’s, 2 HDC in nxt ST;* 9 x more; join w/SLP ST in 1st SC (40 HDC)
- Round 5: CH 1; HDC in joining st, HDC in nxt 2 st’s; 2 HDC in nxt ST; *HDC in nxt 3 st’s, 2 HDC in nxt ST;* 9 x more; join w/SLP ST in 1st SC (50 HDC)
- Round 6: CH 1; HDC in joining st, HDC in nxt 3 st’s; 2 HDC in nxt ST; *HDC in nxt 4 st’s, 2 HDC in nxt ST;* 9 x more; join w/SLP ST in 1st SC (60 HDC)
- Round 7: CH 1; H BP HDC in joining ST, and in each st around; join w/SLP ST in 1st HDC
(60 sts) Please refer to photo tutorial on page 3
- Round 8: (You will be looking at the outside of the jar cover) CH 1, DC in joining ST; CH 2, skp 2 st’s, *FPDC in 3rd st; CH 2, skp 2 st’s, DC in nxt st, CH 2, Skp 2 st’s* 8 more x; FPDC in nxt st, CH 2, join w/SLP ST to beg. DC
- Round 9: CH 1, DC in joining st; skp 1 ch, DC in 2nd ch; Cross Stitch; *FPDC in FPDC, Cross Stitch; DC in nxt st; Cross Stitch* 8 more x; *FPDC in FPDC, Cross Stitch, join w/SLP ST in beg. DC
- Rounds 10-17: Repeat Rounds 8 & 9 consecutively; draw up CC when joining at the end of Round 17
NOTE: 1st st of each remaining round should be placed in the joining st
Round 18: CH 1, *SC in nxt 3 st’s; SC 2 tog;* Repeat around, join w/SLP st to beg.
- Round 19: CH 1, *SC in nxt 3 st’s; SC 2 tog;* Repeat around, join w/SLP st to beg
- Round 20-22: CH 1, SC in joining st and in each st around; join w/SLP ST to beg. SC
- Round 23; *Ripple Stitch* Repeat around, join w/SLP ST at the beg. Finish off weave in all ends
Pin the photo below to your favorite crochet boards, and you will never lose this free crochet pattern.
Copyright Statement – Pumpkin Mason Jar Cover
All Krissys Over The Mountain Crochet patterns are protected by copyright. Krissys Over The Mountain Crochet©2019.
Do not sell, alter or redistribute this pattern in any way or form. You have my permission to sell your finished product, but you are responsible for said finished product. You may NOT use my photos to sell your product or promote your website.
If you would like to stay up to date on what is happening on my side of the mountain, please visit and join my FB group
I do have an ETSY shop right here!
You can find my other designs at my RAVELRY Shop
I would love it if you would follow me on Pinterest.