It’s an easy crochet Sunflower towel topper. It is so fun, easy and unique to crochet. You will be able to crochet several in an evening watching your favorite shows. There is no sewing involved. It is all crochet. Let me show you how easy it is to crochet the Sunflower towel topper. The free crochet pattern is below, but if you would like an adfree pdf, purchase it at ETSY or RAVELRY.
I sometimes use affiliate links in my posts. This won’t cost you anything, but will help offset the cost of yarn and other supplies needed, so that I can continue bringing you crochet patterns and craft ideas. Thank you so much for your support.
The Sunflower Towel Topper will look so nice in your kitchen.
Hanging from an oven handle or from the fridge, these towel toppers are pretty and will add a bit of sunshine to your kitchen or bath. Have you seen the Sunflower Dishcloth, the Sunflower Coasters, and the Sunflower Pot Holder Hot Pad. All of these items can be found as a free crochet pattern here on this blog, or purchase the ad free Shower of Sunflowers Bundle of Crochet Patterns.
- 1 Maybe you would like Sunflower Towel Toppers in modern colors?
- 2 Sunflower Towel Topper Crochet Pattern:
- 3 1st Center For The Sunflower Towel Topper:
- 4 Second Center For The Sunflower Towel Topper: There is a photo tutorial on the ad free pdf.
- 5 PLEASE FOLLOW ME
- 6 COPYRIGHT STATEMENT
Maybe you would like Sunflower Towel Toppers in modern colors?
Crocheting these towel toppers in a color to match your decor is totally doable. One of my friends suggested black and white sunflowers. Adding a red towel to the mix would be fun too. Sunflowers never go out of style.
Sunflower Towel Topper Crochet Pattern:
1 – elastic pony tail holder
cotton dishcloth yarn. I used what was in my stash. Peaches and Cream in gold, yellow or orange.(approx. 30 yds) Dark Taupe (appprox. 25 yds) Any dishcloth yarn is suitable.
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
ch = chain
slp st = slip stitch
sp = space
nxt = next
beg. = beginning
st = stitch
skp = skip
repeat between * * = repeat the sequence that is between the * * as many times as stated
x = times, will follow number, example repeat sequence 8 x or 8 times
yo = yarn over
blo = back loop only.
MC = Main Color – Brown or whichever color you choose for the sunflower center.
CC = Contrasting Color – yellow, gold or orange. Whichever color you choose for the petal color.
CC2 = Contrasting Color 2 – green or whichever color you choose for the leaf color.
1st Center For The Sunflower Towel Topper:
Using MC; ch3 (or ch4) & join in ring; ch1, 7 sc in ring; join w/slp st to beg. sc (7 sc)
ch1; 2sc in joining st; *2sc in nxt st;* 6x; join w/slp st to beg. sc (14 sc)
ch1, sc in joining st; 2sc in nxt st; *sc in nxt st, 2sc in nxt st;* 6x; drop MC and pull up CC at the join w/slp st to beg. sc (21 sc)
ch1, sc in joining st; (sc in nxt st) 2x; 2sc in nxt st; *(sc in nxt st) 3x; 2sc in nxt st;* 6x; join w/slp st to beg. sc; end off and weave in ends. Set aside until the second center is made. (28 sc)
Second Center For The Sunflower Towel Topper: There is a photo tutorial on the ad free pdf.
Repeat Rounds 1-4
Do not end off, you will be using the yarn that is attached to this center, to make sunflower petals. This will be the working yarn (Optional, pull up another contrasting color so that you have a two toned leaf. example, yellow and orange or orange and gold) An ad free pdf can be purchased at ETSY and RAVELRY
How To Crochet The Sunflower Petals on the Towel Topper:
Using the working yarn to crochet the petals around the centers, crocheting both centers together, catching the top two loops. When you arrive at the marker you placed at 3:00 & 9:00 oclock, crochet around the hair tie while making the petal. No fancy tricks, just crochet over the hair tie.
1. You need two sunflower centers and a ponytail holder.
2. Place the centers wrong sides together.
3. Line up the edges of the centers, so that they line up, stitch for stitch. Using a few strait pins can help you.
4. Place markers at 3:00 & 9:00. If you are able, use the markers to hold the ponytail holder in place.
5. The hair tie will stretch across the back of the towel topper.
6. Start by slip stitching the two centers together, then proceed to make the flower petals
*ch5, sc in 2nd ch from hook; hdc in nxt ch; dc in nxt ch, hdc in last ch; slp st in nxt “set of stitches” going through both centers;*repeat between * * all the way around until you come to the first marker.
7. Make sure to slip stitch around the ponytail holder, when you reach the first marker. Continue to make the sunflower petals
8. Continue making flower petals until you reach the other side of the ponytail holder, and catch the ponytail holder when you make the slp st. . Continue making petal leaves. When you have made the last petal, Fasten off, weave in yarn tails.
Double Leaf for the Sunflower Towel Topper (use green yarn)
ch8; sc in 2nd ch from hook & nxt ch, hdc in nxt ch, dc in nxt ch, hdc in nxt ch, sc in nxt ch; 2sc in last ch; (first leaf is made, do not end off) ch8 again, sc in 2nd ch from hook & nxt ch, hdc in nxt ch, dc in nxt ch, hdc in nxt ch, sc in nxt ch & last ch,
1. Fasten off, tie both yarn tails together.
2. Using yarn tails, sew the leaves to the back of a few flower petals. Use a yarn needle. Make sure to catch the flower petal with your needle a time or two.
How to Hang the towel on the oven handle
1. Feed approximately 1/3 of the end of the towel up and through both strands of the ponytail holder. Drape the 1/3 portion over the oven handle.
2. Holding the towel topper in front of the oven handle, drape the 1/3 towel end over the oven handle.
3. Lift up the bottom strand of the ponytail holder.
4. Feed the 1/3 portion of the towel down behind the bottom strand. Leave that 1/3 portion of the towel hanging from behind. You can do 50/50 if you like. Fuss with the towel and make it look pretty.
Hit the red “P” pinterest button that is at the top of this post, and you can pin this photo to all of your crochet, crafting and home decor boards, so that you never lose this free crochet pattern.
Will you be gifting your towel toppers or using them in your kitchen? I have a feeling this would be a good seller at craft shows.
Drop me a note below and let to know what you will be doing with your towel topper.
It was so good to have you on my side of the mountain. I hope you will come again soon.
PLEASE FOLLOW ME
This pattern, photos and tutorial is protected by copyright© Krissys Over The Mountain Crochet 2022. Do not sell, alter or redistribute this information in any way or form. You have my permission to sell your finished product, but you are responsible for the finished product. No Mass Production