This Heirloom Shells Baby Blanket is so pretty. Crocheting a variety of different shell stitches, has created a heirloom effect on this baby blanket. Purchase the pattern at ETSY or RAVELRY Or you can follow the video links, that are found below, to make the blanket.
I sometimes use affiliate links in my posts. This won’t cost you anything, but will help offset the cost of yarn and other supplies needed, so that I can continue bringing you crochet patterns and craft ideas. Thank you so much for your support.
This Shells baby Blanket is the perfect example of a handmade gift that is both beautiful and meaningful.
The shell stitch is a classic crochet stitch that is perfect for baby blankets. Since the shell stitch is easy to learn, there are many variations that look complex, but are still easy to crochet and aren’t difficult to learn. I love how this s
This shell stitch sequence creates a lace opening between the shells. Here is a link for the Video Tutorial of the first Sample of shells.
If you don’t want to wade through the videos to crochet the Heirloom Shells Baby Blanket, buy the pattern at either Ravelry or Etsy at the buttons below.
Here is an example of Sample 1 on youtube.
The shell stitches always seem to create a beautiful textured pattern that can be very eye-catching.
Sample 2 of the Heirloom Shells Sampler Baby Blanket is just beautiful. I love this Diamond Shells Stitch, by Crochet Kim. I have used this stitch in the Diamond Shells Placemat, and the Diamond Shells Cup Cozy. The stitch has it’s own rhythm and is so much fun to crochet. Below is a photo of the Diamond Shells portion of the baby blanket, and here is a link to the video tutorial. Video Tutorial
Sample 3 of the Shells Sampler Baby Blanket is just beautiful.
I fell in love with this easy one repeat shell sequence when I designed the “Baby Blue Cotton Blanket”. This shell stitch sequence has it’s own rhythm and is so much fun to crochet. Here is a link to the video tutorial for Sample 3 Video Tutorial
Testimonials of what are others saying about the Heirloom Shells Baby Blanket?
1. Mari says: “Super cute blanket with pretty easy instructions. Once it got to the border I used the YouTube link to finish. It made it go a lot quicker! Beautiful blanket.” She gave it a 5 star revies
2. Mary’s response was: “Very fun and beautiful pattern”, and she gave it 5 stars.
3. Linda told me this: “I loved it so much, that I made two.” Can I say they are beautiful and I love her color choices.
4. The Painted Hook said….”Beautiful blanket. Pattern is well written and easy to do. The repeats are easy to memorize and work without looking at the pattern all the time. Works up quickly with beautiful results.”
5. KaGreen was happy to say: “This blanket was super fun to make and turned out beautifully!”
Sample 4 is my favorite shell stitch stitch sequence that is being featured in this Baby Blanket.
The best has been saved for the last. No wait a minute…that border is pretty amazing. This shell stitch sequence sample has a 4 row repeat, but it’s a pretty easy repeat. It is featured on the Morning On the Beach light weight sweater. Here is a link to the Video Tutorial for Sample 4.
I really enjoyed designing the border of the Heirloom Shells Sampler Baby Blanket.
The sequence of modified crochet pineapples and fans with a picot edging are exquisite. This border can be added to any shawl, sweater bottom, or blanket edge you choose.
Tell me what you think of this crochet border.
Would you add it to a shawl or to the bottom of a skirt or a set of curtains? I think this border would be lovely on the bottom of a sweater, or to finish off a crocheted bell sleeve. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you would use this border on.
Below is a link to the video tutorial explaining this gorgeous crochet border.
BORDER Video Tutorial
- Detailed, easy to understand crochet pattern
- 4 samples of beautiful shell patterns
- Outstanding border
- Printable pdf that INCLUDES all charts and photos
- Printable pdf that does not include charts or photos for all 4 samples.
- Uses a (4) worsted weight yarn
- Charts to help you along
- Video support to help you with each section
- Youtube playlist for the Heirloom Shells Baby Blanket
- Friendly and helpful responses to any questions you may have.
- 2 pdf’s to download. 1-Shell Blanket 2 – Gift Tags
I am excited to be a part of the Baby Shower Blog Hop and Bundle, hosted by Kristine Mullen of Ambassador Crochet.
The crochet pattern for this blanket will be free APRIL 29/23. Click the photo below to visit the blog hop. Keep scrolling for more info on how to grab your free pdf. There is also a bundle that you can purchase that allows you access to all of the crochet patterns in the blog hop. Just in case you don’t want to hop the blog, or you have missed one or two.
This button below will take you to the blog hop.
After you have the code click the button below.
I hope you drop me a line and let me know when you have made your Baby Blanket. Here are a couple of other crochet blankets that I have designed. They also use easy shell stitch sequences.
Pin the photo below to your crochet boards and you will never lose the ability to access this unique heirloom crochet pattern.
PLEASE FOLLOW ME
This pattern is protected by copyright© Krissys Over The Mountain Crochet 2021. Do not sell, alter or redistribute this pattern in any way or form. You have my permission to sell your finished product, but you are responsible for the finished product. No Mass Production.