This post will show you how to embellish preemie puppy dog hats. Crocheting and embellishing these adorable preemie puppy dog hats is easy. I will show you tips that will help you.
Below are the steps showing you how to add the embellishments to your puppy dog hats.
Photo Tutorial Showing Steps to Sew the Ears, Heart & Buttons To The Hat.
- Step 1: Place the ears and heart in place for a visual idea of where to pin everything in place.
- Step 2: (Photo 2 & 3) Fold the ends of Row 1 toward the center of the ear and sew them in place using the yarn needle and yarn tail.
- Step 3: (Photo 4) Pin the ears and heart in place on the front of the hat. The seam of the hat should be toward the back or the side of the hat.
I pin the ears on round 3, bringing them toward the front of the hat, for the micro, preemie and newborn sizes.
For the 0-3 month size I pin them to round 4.
Make sure the cupped ends of the ears, are toward the hat, not away from the hat.
I like to pin the heart in a sideways manner. Feel free to place the heart patch in the manner that is pleasing to you.
- Step 4: (Photo 5) Using a yarn needle and the thread tails sew the ears and the heart into place.
- Step 5: (Photo 6) Place your buttons in the position you think is best. Then use scotch tape to hold them in place. Use sewing needle and thread to securely sew the buttons in place. You can take the first few stitches while the scotch tape is in place. The tape can then be easily removed after you have taken a couple of stitches.
The Preemie Puppy Dog Hat Crochet patterns are free on the blog, or the ad free pdf can be purchased at RAVELRY or ETSY. The ad free pdf will include the (0-3mo) puppy dog hat with mini earflaps. Pin this photo below to all of your crochet related boards.
Purchase the ad free pdf for the crochet preemie puppy dog hats at RAVELRY or ETSY! It will include 4 sizes. Micro preemie, preemie, newborn or 0-3 months. It will also include this embellishment tutorial. If you aren’t sure, you can find the free crochet pattern for the micro through newborn hats here on this blog.
Make sure to visit these links if you are looking for beautiful crochet patterns that will inspire you to make your world a lovely place. If you would like to see more crochet baskets or garments click the links below.
PINTEREST is a fun place and I would love it if you would follow me there.
This pattern is protected by copyright© Krissys Over The Mountain Crochet 2024. Do not sell, alter or redistribute this pattern in any way or form. You have my permission to sell your finished product, but you are responsible for the finished product. No Mass Production.